Guidelines and FAQs for teams participating in US Youth Soccer National Championship Series:
Note: Coaches must go by this updated version and all other versions should be discarded
This hopefully answers some frequently asked questions…,
- A team entering the US Youth Soccer Hawaii State Cup tournament should be a properly registered US Youth Soccer club team and NOT a select team formed for the purpose of competing in this tournament. The team must be in “good standing” with its’ association. The team must have played in an official league against at least 3 other teams. (U19 division is exempt from playing in league competition-all other rules apply).
- A team must demonstrate continuity of rosters between the league and every level of the National Championships competitions by maintaining a minimum of 9 players common to the roster of the team at every level of the competitions.
- A team is permitted to only roster 6 Out of District players. Consider each island as a separate district for U12s thru U18s (Hawaii districts or mainland). For U19s, all islands are considered the same district, and a maximum of 6 Out of District players are allowed.
- A team is only permitted to roster 5 players who were formerly registered and rostered with another club (in other words, MAXIMUM of 5 transferred players), at the roster freeze date. Movement within club is NOT considered a transfer.
- In Hawaii, double rostering is permitted in different age divisions, different genders and/or different leagues. A player is eligible to play in US Youth Soccer Hawaii State Cup tournament with ONE team only. This must be declared at the US Youth Soccer Hawaii State Cup tournament roster freeze. Once double rostered player’s team/club has been declared, player cannot change and go back to other team/club.
- A team may have on its team roster only players of the following age groups for the seasonal year in which the team is participating in the National Championships.
- U13, U14, U15 age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age in either of the next 2 younger age groups of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
- U16, U17 U18, U19 age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age group completion in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age of any younger age group, through the Under 14 age group , of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
7. NO PLAYER WILL BE ALLOWED TO PLAY UNLESS THEY ARE SHOWN ON THE TOURNAMENT ROSTER OBTAINED FROM THE HYSA ON-LINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM.