As the national governing body for the sport of weightlifting, USA Weightlifting (USAW) is the most trusted resource for weightlifting knowledge and education. For over 30 years, we have been educating coaches about weightlifting, optimizing lifting technique, implementing proven programming systems, and building champions.
USA Weightlifting has created an introductory, foundational course in using weightlifting movements for sports performance designed for high school, club, and college coaches. This workshop will cover how to safely and effectively teach major lifts such as hang power cleans, squats, hang power snatches, deadlifts, and rows in a one-on-one or team setting. Coaches will learn how to determine athlete readiness, how to progress and regress exercises, and how to set up a training plan for a beginner athlete.
The Sport Performance Workshop is on May 18th and registration will close on May 17th. The workshop will be from 10 AM to 2 PM Eastern Time.
Click here for more information.
Sign up instructions
- Sports Performance Workshop: https://usaw.unhosting.site/course/view.php?id=26
- Click the “Create New Account” button
- Review and accept the waiver
- Set your username, password and enter contact information
- In the drop down boxes select the sport you are associated with
- The event and date you’d like to attend
- Your mailing zip code and your NGB membership ID (for USYS Members, please input 000000)
- Upon completion of the account/pre-registration setup you’ll receive an email with a link to complete your registration and pay.