Welcome to the On-line Registration for Returning Coaches/Administrators
(New Coaches/Administrators – see below)
Please read below before continuing
NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED. QUESTIONS? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email email@example.com for questions or additional help.
- Complete all online trainings. Delay will result when trainings are not completed at the time your application is submitted. (See below for more information)
- Check expiration date on pass (passes expiring only on 8/31/2023 or earlier will be processed); the expiration date can be found on the backside of your physical pass or logging into your Affinity account under “Application.”
- Registration should be completed by the applicant only; do not submit an application for someone else. Note: Each person has their own unique user name and password; User names cannot be shared by multiple persons. If you do not know your user name or password, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal name (no nicknames) and correct birthdate should be used when submitting a risk management application. Background checks will be completed with legal name, birthdate and social security number. Social security numbers are entered by the applicant when submitting a risk management application. You may be charged for an additional background check if the background report comes back with the wrong name, date of birth or social security number.
- Complete on-line application in its entirety especially questions regarding prior convictions.
- Submit social security number for background check**REQUIRED (if you do not have a SSN, send email to email@example.com)
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- When prompted select “Coach/Admin Registration”
- When prompted select “Adult Risk Management” for play level
- All approved passes will be valid for 2 seasonal years (expiring 8/31/2025)
- $20 fee (payment by credit card only)
Upload a headshot photo (individual pictures only) that will be printed on your pass.
*No photos wearing hats or sunglasses will be accepted ; no shirtless photos will be accepted.
Unacceptable photos will result in a delay of your pass.
ONLINE TRAININGS – Mandatory for ALL Coaches/Administrators
In addition to above:
Each seasonal year, all Coaches and Administrators must complete and upload an online concussion (HCAMP) and SafeSport training certificate to their Affinity account. All certificates must be dated June 1, 2023 or later. Certificates other than SafeSport or HCAMP or dated before June 1, 2022 will not be accepted.
To obtain the link for the trainings, log on to your affinity account at hysa.affinitysoccer.com
Click on “Certificates”
Instructions and the link for the trainings can be found here.
Note: When completing your training, each person must use the email address found in affinity. Email addresses cannot be shared. Last name in Affinity must match name of the person completing the training.
Don’t forget to upload your completed certificates.
Only coaches and administrators who have been approved for risk management AND completed and uploaded their certificates will receive a HYSA pass and can be added to team rosters.
If your pass is expiring on August 31, 2024, email your league registrar or firstname.lastname@example.org when all updated certificates have been uploaded. Certificates will be need to be verified before you can be added to team roster(s).
HYSA RISK MANAGEMENT PHYSICAL PASSES
All physical passes will be mailed to the address entered in the Affinity system (except Kauai*). Keep pass in a safe place if not using during league season.
Note: While leagues may not require you to have a physical pass displayed on your person when coaching a league game, ALL HYSA STATE TOURNAMENTS AND MAINLAND TOURNAMENTS REQUIRE A PHYSICAL PASS. Keep your pass in a safe place until such times occur.
*Kauai Coach/Administrator replacement passes will be mailed to the Kauai League registrar
To order a replacement pass, email email@example.com The link will be provided to you.
Replacement pass fee: $10
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Need Technical Support? Call Affinity at 888-212-9666 or submit a help ticket from the hysa-affinitysports.com.
HYSA Risk Management Coordinator
PO Box 31286
Honolulu, HI 96820
As a State Association, Hawaii Youth Soccer Association (HYSA), partners with U.S. Soccer in our commitment to providing all coaches, from beginner to advanced, with education tailored to their experiences and the needs of their players. The Coaching License Pathway (illustrated below) consists of a series of grassroots courses designed to meet the specific needs of a coach at every step of the way.
We are excited to announce HYSA will host a US Soccer C License Course here in Hawaii. There have only been two C Courses ever held in Hawaii, the first in 2004 and the last in 2011.This course will be a “blended” format. Initial meeting will be held online starting MAY 3rd and will conclude with a 4 day in-person session scheduled for August 20-23 at Waipio Soccer Complex.
he National C License is an online and in-person course, that begins in May 2021 with an online experience and has an in-person meeting to conclude the course in August.
Coaches who register for this course can expect weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules and live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor. Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times (see below). Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn.
Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings to be eligible to receive the license
In order to be considered for the U.S. Soccer C course, all candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer D license for at least 12 months OR meet the waiver guidelines
- Currently coaching
Applicants who hold certain foreign licenses or have a minimum amount of professional playing experience may be considered eligible without holding the U.S. Soccer D License.
- Certain foreign licenses (subject to review by U.S. Soccer) -OR-
- Applicant has two-(2) years playing experience with a Senior National Team and/or two-(2) years playing experience on a FIFA recognized “1st Division” outdoor professional team.
This information must be reflected on the coach’s LC profile. Official proof of playing and coaching experience must be provided via letter head from the affiliated clubs, leagues, or organization from the affiliated clubs, leagues, or organizations.
Interested candidates who wish to apply based on a waiver must submit an application directly to the hosting organization.
(On or about April 19th)
- Opening Webinar Date: TBD – approximately 2 weeks prior to the first meeting.
- Opening Webinar Time: May 3, 2021 – Time: To Be Determined
- Opening Webinar Link: Will be provided to those registered
The Virtual Period is the time in between the pre-course meeting, the on-field component(s) and after the final field component. The Virtual Period will consist of weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules, live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor and small group meetings that are organized by the coaches. Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times that will be announced during the pre-course meeting (each instructor group will establish their own meeting times).
It is vital that candidates have access to a 9v9 or 11v11 team during this period so that they can practically apply what they learned during the Virtual Period.
- Date: August 20-23, 2021 (Friday to Monday)
- Time: To Be Determined
- Location: Field Sessions at Waipio Soccer Complex
HYSA Members: $1,600 (register by 3/25 – $1,500)
Non-HYSA Members: $1,800 (register by 3/25 – $1,700)
Deadline to Register: Sunday, April 18th
Full payment is required at the time of registration. Refunds will not be issued after 04/01/2021. Refunds requested prior to 04/01/2021 will be minus a $100 admin/course fee.
Please contact Scott Keopuhiwa at email@example.com with any questions.